BIRTH DOULA SERVICES
Studies have shown that when doulas attend a birth, labors are shorter with fewer complications, and babies are healthier and they breastfeed more easily.
BASIC BIRTH DOULA PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- 2 Prenatal Visits – During prenatal visits, we have the opportunity to get to know each other better in the space where you are most comfortable, your home. Childbirth is a deeply intimate experience and these visits are a great way for us to build a relationship before the big day. They also allow me to learn about your history, go over diet and exercise recommendations and begin establishing a postpartum plan for you and your new family. Later, we will design your birth plan together and review baby positioning.
- Creation of Birth Plan – Drafting your birth plan will help you visualize your ideal birth experience and help your team do everything they can to help you realize it. It’s not a list of demands but rather a way to let your birth team know what is important to you.
- Instructions on Optimal Fetal Positioning – Did you know that it’s not just about you baby being head up or head down, but also which way your baby is facing? It’s true; a baby that is facing up can cause unusually painful or prolonged labors. You and your partner will learn exercises and techniques that can help your baby shift into the best position BEFORE labor begins.
- 24-7 Phone, Text, and Email Availability – I am here to help you and give you peace of mind, and I will answer your questions or address any concerns.
- Advocacy in the Hospital and Birth Center Setting – During labor, you can focus on you and your baby knowing that I am there to advocate for you, make sure your birth plan is taken into account, and ensure that you know all of your options, and the risks and benefits of each one, so you can make fully informed decisions about your care.
- Emotional and Physical Support during Labor – During your labor, whether it’s 2 hours or 40 hours, my focus will be to make your birth experience as easy as possible by providing you with instructions for useful labor positions, various forms of comfort measures and ensuring a calm labor environment.
- Partner/Family Support During Labor – Making sure that your partner and/or family’s needs are also met, so they can focus on supporting you.
- Follow Up Hospital Visit or Closure Meeting in Your Home – Once you and your baby have had a few days to get to know each other, I will follow up with 1-2 home visits. We can process your birth experience and address any breastfeeding or postpartum questions you might have . . . but the support doesn’t end there.
- Weekly New Moms and Breastfeeding Support Group – I highly recommend attending our weekly support group meetings because having a community of women who are going through the same new experience can be incredibly fulfilling and comforting. During our weekly meeting we discuss a variety of topics pertaining to the adventures of parenting. We will tackle hard topics in a safe and non-judgmental space and explore what parenting means to you. This is a safe space for all families and their parenting choices. You will not receive criticism in this group, only encouragement and unconditional support. Occasionally we will have expert speakers on things like infant massage, baby wearing and early childhood development.
- Quarterly Dad’s/Spouse’s Nights – Because life changed for them, too, and they should share and receive support from this amazing community.
- Quarterly Sunday Afternoon Family Potlucks and Other Group Activities – Potlucks are a great opportunity to socialize with other families and to enjoy good food and even better company. Throughout the year we organize other events like visits to the Zoo, Halloween and Valentine parties, playgroups all around town, swimming lessons and sewing groups.
- Private Online Support Group – Even if you can’t make it out to all our events or support group meetings, support from your Village is only a click away. Our private facebook group is an excellent way to communicate and organize with other members. Unlike other online forums, this is a safe space for all types of families with all types of parenting choices. Our motto is, “If it works for your family, do it!” Whether you chose medicated or unmedicated birth, breast or bottle, co-sleep or sleep train, this awesome Village of people will cheer you on and lift you up.
I will be your strongest supporter, an empathetic team member. My goal is to help you have the best birth experience possible.
BASIC BIRTH DOULA PACKAGE: $1,600 This include all the services described above.
I provide low cost and free births for young mothers, single mothers and families with special circumstances on a case by case basis. I also give discounts and work out payment plans to clients attending specific childbirth education courses.
I am now accepting HSA and FSA debit cards and will be happy to provide you with the necessary documentation to file with your insurance company.
Specialized training or previous experience:
- Over 40
- Families conceiving with ART and IVF
- Home Birth
- Clients on bed rest
- LGBTQ Families
- Spanish Speaking
- Postpartum mood disorders
- High risk
- Expected stillbirth
- Single parents
- Cesarean birth
- Survivors of childhood sexual abuse
- Survivors of Previous Life Trauma
- Plus size mothers
- Induced and high medical technology labor & birth